According to research done by the United States Census Bureau, approximately 43 million Americans end up moving every single year. In fact, research also shows that about 66% of Americans between the ages of 18-29 reported moving within the past five years. end up moving every single year. Moving to a new home can be both an exciting and stressful experience.
One of the most difficult elements of moving away is figuring out how to transport all of your belongings to your new home. A great way to reduce the stress and hassle of trying to cram all your stuff into your car is to look into moving and storage companies.
How Storage and Moving Companies Can Reduce Your Stress:
- Moving and storage companies not only help you to safely and securely transport your belongings, but they unpack everything at your new home for you. This means that you’re not only saving your back muscles, but your time as well.
- Many storage companies offer plenty of secure space to hold belongings that you don’t necessarily need but don’t want to part with. This is a great option for those not only changing homes, but climates; you can leave all your snow gear in storage.
- When searching for a moving or storage company, don’t settle for the first one you find. Not only do you ideally want to check out the businesses in person, but it is also a good idea to check out storage or moving company reviews online.
- Many individuals — especially young adults — worry that storage or moving company prices will be extremely out of their budget. This doesn’t necessarily have to be the case, however. You can find a cheap moving company and still get excellent service; you just have to be willing to compare prices at different companies and talk to staff members to see if they have any deals or discounts available at certain days or times.
- In the United States, the storage unit industry alone generates approximately $26 billion in revenue. However, there are many storage companies that also function as moving companies. Check out your local area and see what kind of businesses are near you.
Whether moving in order to pursue a new business venture or just wanting to start over somewhere new, moving and storage companies will be there to help you ease into your transition to your new home.
Have you had any experiences with moving and storage companies? Tell us about it in the comments below! Great references here.