With a third driver in the family, you find yourself again looking for another car. And while there was a time when you were only looking for used cars, you are now in a position to look at new cars. Your husband prefers to limit his search to GMC cars, but you are willing to look at other models as well. Your preference is to work with a family orientated car dealer. Although your the 16 year old new driver wants to look at a small sporty car, the smarter purchase is to make sure that you find a vehicle that will be a little larger and work as a driving option for everyone in your family.
It may come as no surprise that purchasing GMC cars, or any other kinds of vehicles, is a major investment for most families. In fact, following a home purchase, a car purchase is significant. Consider some of these facts and figures about the top consumer car purchases and the impact that these purchases have on the American economy:
- As many as 57% of parents indicate that they involve their kids in car-buying decisions, according to a study by The Family Room.
- Three is the average number of owners most cars have in a lifetime.
- Although 35% of American households have three or more vehicles, the average family in this country owns two cars.
- The 2016 GMC Acadia is one of the 10 best cars for big families, according to Cars.com.
- The 2017 GMC Terrain is ranked number seven out of the 18 best Compact SUVs in America, according to the U.S. News and World Report.
- The Buick Enclave was ranked one of the nine Safest Used SUVs in 2015, according to Autotrader.
- 88% of Americans indicated that they owned a car in the year 2014.
- Cars an important part of the lives of many families. In fact, 45% of parents indicate that they were most likely to have a conversation with their children about their day while driving in the car, according to a 2016 CarGurus survey.
Families have to make many transitions, but when a teenager gets a driving license, this transition not only involves a lot of added responsibility for the new driver, but also a car purchase for the family as well.