It is that time of the summer when things start falling apart. From the leave blower to the mower itself, it is important to make sure that all of the tools that you have are working their best. Broken and non functioning tools simply gather dust in the garage and keep you from achieving the goals that you have. Fortunately, power tool repair services and machine shop repair services provide the help that both home owners and business operators need.
To the average American, machine services may seem like a lost art, but the reality is that there are still many needs for this craft that has been around for years. In fact, the first machine tools ever recorded in existence were the bow drill and the bow lathe, and the earliest recorded use of these tools was that they were handcrafted and date back to 1200 B.C.
As technology developed, of course, the industrial revolution created tools that could provide these machining services more quickly and more accurately. For instance, during the Industrial Revolution, lathes were initially powered by water wheels or steam engines. With these advancements the parts that were created and the repairs that were made were not only completed faster, they were also more accurate and consistent.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the current need for power tool repair services and the centuries old machining services that are an integral part of many industries:
- A water-powered tool used to bore cylinders, the boring mill was developed by John Wilkinson.
- As well as the wiper pads which should be cleaned and re-oiled regularly, a lathe should be cleaned and wiped down on a regular basis.
- Machine tools must be extremely durable and hard, so it is important to make regular repairs and maintenance a must for the purpose of quality.
- Machine tool parts that regularly rub together must be well lubricated at all times to avoid damage.
- Checking and making sure that the gear box spindle’s oil level and apron are in the safe line regularly are the two best ways to avoid the need for machine tool repairs
- In addition to how a machining tool looks, it is important to make sure you pay attention to any unusual sounds. In fact, while using a machine tool, if any unusual noises are heard it can be a sign that you need to have it inspected or repaired.
Were you as productive as you wanted to be on the first day of summer, or did a broken tool put a literal wrench in your plans? By making sure that you make use of a reliable power tool repair service you can be certain that your tools will be working when you need them.